I will have some pictures up tomorrow of Ohio, including the fivethirtyeight.com road crew in situ, on the road. I can report that nearly every single ad I have seen on tv from McCain has been a negative ad - including some delectably served hate from NRA (check out gunbanobama.com, if you must). And everything I saw from Obama has been on the issue. Weird, no? And yet, Cookie Roberts can fold her hands and sanctimoniously declare that both sides have been negative. I hate pun-dits.
- India's Arjun is what happens when Aladdin grows up (in animation terms). Here is a preview.
- Tariq Ali's newest gets reviewed by Muhammad Hanif. He likes it.
- Nadeem Aslam's latest, The Wasted Vigil, is reviewed by Lorraine Adams. A lot of people liked his earlier novel, but I couldn't get into his prose. Doesn't look-it that it has improved an awful lot.
- Chetan Bhagat is the John Grisham of India. Or something.
- Zizek's political economy needs wider reading.
- The novel on Aisha is reportedly published.
- Lastly, History done right.
pied piper | October 12, 2008
Cokie Roberts is a socialite, not a journalist. And a bit dense.