A few things that caught my eye, I submit for your consideration. Now, I am going to go enjoy that late September sun.
- From Chicago Tribune [r.r.] comes a rather alarmist report on the Muslim Brotherhood. The Ikhwan have not had much ink spilled on them in the US media. Here is their sinister goal in America – convert Christians to Islam.
- From Express India, comes the rallying cry of K S Sudarshan who wants Hindus to have more children (to counteract the breeding Muslims) and expose the aims of CIA in India – convert Hindus to Christianity.
- From the Guardian, comes a review of Mark Mazower’s Salonica, City of Ghosts: Christians, Muslims and Jews 1430-1950 by Jan Morris that recalls a time when conversion wasn’t all that sinister – or hot.
- In Daily Times Lahore, Khaled Ahmed writes about this whole virgin-raisin “controversy” among the believers. He is referring to this review by Ibn Warraq. Do you really believe these murderers kill for virgins?
- In the LRB, Andrew O’Hagan writes about the God Squad at the RNC. He finds “manifest destiny” in NY. Ouch.
- Not be outdone, is Alan Wolfe in the Boston Globe. He writes about the God gap at the DNC. He thinks religion was the white elephant in the Fleet Center.
- Moacir went ahead and read Hunter S. Thompson and reminded me to continue to believe that they are wrong for this country and this world.
- In the meantime, all I have to do is believe that the Pakistanis will take the Champions Trophy, oh babay! They did right to India today. Next up, the W. Indies.