What is it about Sunday afternoons? I sit here, watching an infomercial about Iceland health omega 3 which cures cancer, poverty and inflation. Just before that I was watching Chitrahar with New York Life and CitiBank commercials galore for NRIs everywhere. Oh good, Mythbusters is on.
We were gonna play some cricket. But, it rained. And rained. Pushing lilacs out of the dead land.
- NYT explains that this Omega 3 thing is somekind of a zeitgeist moment that I have tapped into this Sunday.
- LRB has a wonderful review essay on Robespierre by Hilary Mantel and on the Land of Pure Delights by Dinah Birch.
- Iqbal Ahmed travelled across Great Britain looking for clich√©s.
- In the WaPo, Azar Nafisi has reading tips to get to know the country we bomb next while Anthony Shadid goes home to Lebanon.
- Finally in the NYT Goytisolo – the anti-Orientalist.